2146 Florida Ave NW, Washington, DC | Directions 2000838.912436 -77.047465
Neighborhoods: Northwest Washington, Kalorama Heights, Northwest
An incredible job!! They came highly recommended by a friend who had used them in the past and I was not disappointed at all. I had called around for quotes and Hercules Moving were very reasonably priced. The movers were actually early and were incredibly efficient. Everything was wrapped and moved to the truck within 20 minutes. I would suggest Hercules to anyone who is moving.
My move ended up costing more than twice the estimate. It was a simple move from a 1 BR apt into storage. I felt lied to and cheated and as one previous reviewer states, "nickeled and dimed" out of money. I found professionalism and customer service to be lacking. I would NOT recommend this company at all!
There are no better DC movers than Hercules Moving in my opinion. I have utilized their service on several occasions to move various businesses and residences. I have also had experience with others. There was no comparison. Hercules get the job done quickly and safely every time. They are a great team.
I needed to move in a hurry as the company I work for closed my DC office and transferred me to Annapolis Maryland. I called Hercules Moving and they came and packed everything I owned and they were off to my new apartment across the bay. I could not believe how quick and efficient they were. When they delivered all my belongings later that same day all was intact. If you ever need reliable DC movers I recommend Hercules.
It was a rainy summer day when the truck from Hercules Moving pulled up in front of the house we just sold. If you understand what a rainy day is like in the DC area in winter, it is frigid and wet. The weather did not bother these DC movers at all. They worked extra hard very hard to be sure everything stayed dry. When it started to turn to snow that did not deter them at all. I was very impressed by their work ethics.
I have recently moved with Hercules Moving company out of DC. Our move date was June 29th 2013 from Fort Belvoir Virginia to Woodbridge Virginia. Below is a list of complaints regarding your company, movers and dispatch.
• Movers were scheduled to arrive at 9am, they did not arrive until 11:55. Dispatch blamed my husband and I for the delay stating that we should have told them we were on a military base so that they could have had their ID’s. The fact that we were in a military base was on our estimate that was put together by Andrew.
• Movers showed up with a small box truck to move a 4 bedroom home. They stated that they were told it was a 2 bedroom apartment.
• I was quoted for 5 hours at $480. The movers spent 4.5 hours playing tetris with the truck to get everything to fit.
• Movers worked slowly.
• There is still 2 desks, a deep freezer, dining room chairs, china hutch, outdoor stuff, bikes, and a garden bench still at the other house. We now have to rent a Uhaul on Wednesday in order to get our remaining furniture.
• Movers were told repeatedly not to get on I-95 because it was backed up due to construction. My husband asked them to follow him. They refused. My husband got to the house and the movers did not arrive for another 30 minutes.
• Once the movers arrived they asked us to pay before unloading. The price was much more than what we were quoted. There were charges on the receipt for bubble wrap which we did not use and tape that had been used for monotonous things when not needed. There was no tape charge on the estimate pulled up by Andrew.
• My husband called dispatch to dispute the charges, time issues, slow workers and small truck that left furniture at the other home.
• Dispatch called the movers and told them to add an extra hour to our charges after he got off the phone with my husband.
• Movers took no care in the moving of furniture. My headboard for my bed was dropped on the concrete and then dragged up a concrete step leaving scuff marks.
• The movers dropped my dresser breaking the top of it. Dresser was up on one end and they let it fall to meet the ground evenly.
• One mover continuously jumped from the top landing on the stairs down to the bottom.
• Walls and banisters were scuffed up because they took no care in moving furniture.
• Basement door is severely scuffed up due to movers continuously trying to force a couch through the door when it clearly would not fit.
• Movers gave us a receipt for one amount and charged our credit card significantly more.
• We were told by Andrew, and it also states on the website, that military members get a 5% discount. The company refused to honor that discount.
STAY AWAY! THEY WILL NICKLE AND DIME YOU OUT OF EVERY PENNY!
Please return our phone calls about lost and damaged items
Hire these guys!!!! The were perfect....No Damage – These guys were on time, efficient, careful, and polite men. I will recommend them to everyone I know. I am so very pleased. Service should always be excellent.I had no damage to walls or floors.Service was an amazing and comfort experience.Thank you
HONEST MOVING – I heard about Hercules Moving from a co-worker who had moved from Alexandria to Essex .They worked so hard and fast.This right choice!
JUST GREAT!! – MY BEST MOVERS!!!I recommend Hercules moving& storage I'm used herculesmovingstorage. to found good movers with Lowest rates!I'm checked reviews.OK! I'm called!!!.The person I scheduled with was really friendly and helpful.They was on time. These guys are fantastic. THANK YOU!!!!!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Hercules Moving on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.